Saturday, May 9, 2009

Breaking from baking for a good cause

Meg likely won't be baking this weekend. Why? As I type this, she's on a 12-14 mile hike in the Grand Canyon with her friend (and one of our loyal baking blog followers), Kelly. They've raised more than $6,000 for cancer research - the money benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Meg and Kelly (at left, at Meg's wedding last year) have been fundraising and training for this hike for MONTHS. This is no small Saturday morning stroll. Many of the readers on this blog have donated to the cause, and now the day is here.

Congrats, Meg and Kelly! Way to finish your long journey and kick that hike's butt :-) I think I speak for all of the baking nation when I say thank you for doing this, and we're so proud of you two!

2 comments:

Kelly

Krisin - Thanks so much for your support throughout our training! I really appreciate it. Is there any way you can send me a copy of this photo. It's super cute. Thanks again!

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus}

Totally! I'll e-mail it to you this weekend.

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008