Monday, June 1, 2009

Glazed Lemon Loaf

I went through several cookbooks, trying to find a lemon recipe that really spoke to me. Not just any old lemon cake would do. I needed something worthy of Cheryl's lemons.
I dusted off an old cake mix cookbook my grandma got me several years ago. I hadn't used it in a while, but my grandma has an uncanny ability to pick out cookbooks with recipes I love, so I had a feeling I'd find something in that one.
Oh, hello, Glazed Lemon Loaf.
I knew it would be a winner. I was right. Just look how pretty the batter is:

And the finished product ain't too shabby either:

It was really good. Light, refreshing, and the glaze was a little tangy. The recipe makes two loaves, so Mike's co-workers got one, and my co-workers got one. Lemon Loaf all around!

Ingredients
Loaf:
1 package lemon cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup and 3 tablespoons water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Glaze:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice

Directions
Loaf:
Grease two 8 1/2-inch by 4 1/2-inch loaf pans and line with foil. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil. Beat on medium speed for two minutes. Spread batter into the two prepared pans, dividing evenly.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack.
Glaze:
Heat sugar and lemon juice together to dissolve sugar. Poke holes in top of loaves with fork or toothpick. Brush glaze on tops, letting it soak in. Cool loaves completely, then remove from pans.

Source: Duncan Hines Cake Mix Magic

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008