Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Heath Bar Blondies

I was cleaning up my kitchen cabinets a few weeks ago and found a bag of Heath bar chips. I realized that for for some potluck or party, I had planned on making Death By Chocolate again, and I hadn't. I was breathing in a baking mood, so I decided to find a new recipe that used ingredients I had in my home, including the Heath bar chips.

I found several recipes that look delicious, but very few that I could make without venturing to the grocery store. These Heath Bar Blondies satisfied that requirement and were absolutely delicious.

I doubled the recipe and made it in a 13x9 pan because I ended up taking it to a potluck at work, where it was extremely well-received. Instead of doubling the Heath bar chips, though, I added a cup of chocolate chips.

Ingredients:

1 c. all-purpose flour, ½ tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt.

1 stick melted butter

1 c brown sugar

1 large egg

¼ tsp vanilla

1 c. coarsely chopped Heath bars

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9×9 baking pan. (You can use an 8×8; the blondies will just be slightly taller, or 13x9 if you double the recipe.)

Into a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar with melted butter. Add egg and vanilla.

Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture along with 1 c. coarsely chopped Heath bars. (Add nuts if you feel so inspired.) Pour batter into pan.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (I baked my 13x9 bars for about 30 minutes, but I urge you to make sure you check to be sure the bars are cooked through. My oven is often a bit off, and I had to check them several times.) Let cool before cutting into squares.

Source: thedeliciouslife.com

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008