Friday, November 27, 2009

Pumpkin Spice No Bake Cheesecake

I saw this recipe on a Katie's blog and really, really, REALLY wanted to try it. I just had no idea when I would make it, especially with all of the great pumpkin recipes I've found and made so far this year.

Fear not - I found a reason to make it :) While I home for a few days, my little brother and I were searching for a dessert that would be easy to polish off in a few days (my parents and brother are the only ones still in the house on a regular basis, so gone are the days of a cake disappearing in a mere day or two). We were also baking cookies for Operation Baking Gals, so we weren't entirely sure we wanted to make another thing in the oven.

Enter the no-bake pumpkin cheesecake. Delicious, and I wasn't worried about starting the holiday weight struggle early with this light, sweet dessert.

Ingredients:
8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (Katie substituted 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp allspice)
1/4 cup brown sugar, unpacked
8 oz Cool Whip Free, thawed
9 inch reduced fat Graham Cracker Crust

Directions:
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar for a few minutes until fluffy.

Add Cool Whip and whip until smooth.

Spoon mixture into pie crust and chill for a few hours (it took at least three hours for us to have it hold form), until firm.

Source: Katie's blog

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008