Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thanksgiving in the desert (Part 2: Candied Pecans)


I wanted to try my hand at making candy so I would have another snack to put out between meals while my in-laws were in town for Thanksgiving. I was perusing the website for Raising Arizona Kids Magazine, and I came across a homemade gifts section, where I found a recipe for Candied Pecans.

This recipe only makes 1/2 cup of pecans at a time. That is a little annoying when you're trying to make a big batch because the pan gets all caked in the candied stuff and you have to clean it in between each batch. I tried making more than 1/2 cup at a time, but the pan got too crowded and the pecans didn't coat evenly.

In the end, they were really tasty, but the process was a bit tedious. I would make them again, but I'd probably only make a small batch.

Ingredients

2 Tblspns butter
1/2 cup pecan halves
2 Tblspn packed light brown sugar

Directions

Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pecans and cook, stirring, until golden brown and toasted (about 3 minutes). Add sugar and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to a piece of waxed paper to cool completely.

Source: Raising Arizona Kids Magazine

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008