Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A call for help

Fellow bakers,

I have a plea, request, challenge for you all. Call it whatever you want, but I need some help.

I used to bake all the time. For special events. For no reason at all. For my coworkers. For my husband's coworkers. But since I had my daughter, time is tight and baking just isn't something I've had much time to do.

But two of my coworkers have birthdays coming up in the next few weeks (one right before Thanksgiving, the other right before Christmas). I've promised them that I'll bake to observe their special days. One coworker is the least picky person ever. The other isn't picky but is partial to all things pie-like.

I have been combing some of my favorite recipe sites and cookbooks but just haven't been struck by a recipe that screams "Make me! Make me!"

So I'm turning to you for inspiration and direction, faithful readers: What should I make for the birthday baking? I'm hoping to find something easy, delicious and it needs to feed at least 15-25 people (we share our food here). Do you have a tried-and-true recipe? Or a Web site bookmarked with something that you have been dying to make?

Leave a comment or e-mail me at easttowestbakers@gmail.com.

3 comments:

Lisa

This is always a hit and we (unfortunately) never have leftovers to take home:
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/blueberry-cheesecake-bars-75194.aspx

I can never find blueberry jam, but Smuckers Blackberry Simply Fruit works really well with it.

Jaclyn

My mom makes the best, and easiest, fudge I've ever had.

1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Walnuts, to taste, if desired

Combine milk and chips in a glass bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. Nuke for another minute. Add vanilla and stir until creamy.

Pour in a foil-lined 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle walnuts on top, if desired. Refrigerate until hardened.

Cut. Eat. Brag and pretend it was much harder than it was.

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus}

Thank you, ladies! I've made one of this and plan on making the other in the next few weeks :) Blogs to follow ... uh ... as soon as I can? :)

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008