Monday, January 31, 2011

Cranberry Upside-Down Cake

If there's a holiday, there is bound to be a potluck at my office.

The weekend before Christmas, we had a potluck, with my boss providing a delicious ham as our main dish. I wanted to try something new, and I wanted something that didn't scream "Christmas cookies!" like most other desserts around that time of year. I poked around on my old friend allrecipes.com, and I found a yummy pineapple upside down cake that received fantastic reviews. I needed to make this cake a few days before the potluck, too, so I was thankful that it was amazingly moist and easy to transport.

Ingredients
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (I used dried cranberries)
1/2 cup walnut halves
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions

1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups; set aside.

2. Pour butter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar,cranberries and walnuts. Top with pineapple.


3. In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a large serving platter (top will have an uneven appearance).

Source: allrecipes.com

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008