Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cheesecake Cookie Bars

I've made these before and got rave reviews. This batch, though? I really had no reason to make these. I just felt like baking, and in my defense, I had a coupon for the cookie dough. Thus, this batch was born. And sent to work with Tim. Where they LOVED them. One of Tim's coworkers even asked if I would marry her.

I don't think my baked goods have ever prompted a marriage proposal.


I also love this recipe because it requires so few ingredients. You really can't go wrong.

Ingredients:
2 packages (18 ounces each) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (I've found these almost work better with generic cookie dough instead of name brand)
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened (I use reduced-fat cream cheese)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch baking pan. Let both packages of dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.

2. Reserve three-fourths of one package of dough. Press remaining 1-1/4 packages of dough evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.


3. Combine cream cheese, sugar and eggs in large bowl; beat until well blended and smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough in pan. Break reserved dough into small pieces; sprinkle over cream cheese mixture.


4. Bake 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

Source: Famous Brand Name 3 Books in 1: Cookies, Bars and Muffins

1 comments:

Anonymous

I really want to try these!! :)

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008