Friday, May 1, 2009

Branching out with bananas

I've baked a lot of cookies lately. Macaroons, frosted red velvet cookies, baptism cookies. Cookies are my favorite thing to bake, but on Sunday, I was itching to do something different.
"Can I bake something for your co-workers?" I yelled out to Mike from the kitchen, as I thumbed through my stack of cookbooks.
"Sure!"
"What do they like?"
"Everything!"
Everything. Perfect. My kind of people.
After much page-flipping, a recipe finally caught my eye. Banana Nut Muffins.
Easy to transport to the office, easy to grab and take to your desk. The quintessential baked snack for those who start their day at 8 a.m.
All you do is mash up one banana (I used a potato masher):

Mix the batter. Add nuts (I used walnuts):

Fill up some muffin cups (note the little chunks of banana in the batter... yum!):



And voila! Mike tells me they were a hit.


Ingredients:
1 banana or spice cake mix
2 eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 medium banana, mashed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour muffin pan or use muffin paper cups. Mix together cake mix, eggs, water, nuts, oil and banana in a large bowl until well blended. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
Bake 20-25 minutes.

Source: 101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix (Stephanie Ashcraft)

5 comments:

Kelly

This are so good it's not even funny. I made them for work today to welcome my new boss and I added chocolate chips. I have been getting praise all day. Thanks! Awesome recipe. And so, so easy.

PhaseThreeOfLife

Glad they turned out well! Great idea on adding chocolate chips -- I'm definitely going to try that next time I make them.

Anonymous

Sounds yummy! Speaking of bananas..we made banana pancakes this weekend..yum!!

PhaseThreeOfLife

Oh man, that sounds good. Another blogger I read a lot made strawberry pancakes over the weekend. Now I'm craving some fruity pancakes!

Anonymous

Oh man.. my Dad was asking for banana something.... and now I can fulfill his request, you girls rock my world!! Jen

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008