Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cake Mix Cookies, Part II

Kris was right. These are good.
Her post about her go-to Cake Mix Cookies recipe inspired me to whip some up Tuesday night. I've always been intrigued by red velvet cake, so I picked up a box of that and some cream cheese frosting on my way home from work.
About 30 minutes later, I was already starting to pull cookies out of the oven with my red-velvet-stained fingers (oops).
Mike, who has never tried the wonderfulness that is red velvet, was a big fan. I packed up most of the cookies for my co-workers to devour the next day, but I saved a few for us, too, complete with Mickey sprinkles for no apparent reason.
I recently came across an intriguing caramel frosting recipe, so my next batch will be a yellow butter cake mix cookie with caramel frosting. I'll let you know how those turn out!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008