Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cake Mix Cookies

I always keep cake mix and a tub of frosting on hand to make these cookies - they satisfy a random baking urge or provide a great last-minute potluck, birthday or get-together contribution. In short, they are the bomb. I've seen similar cookies sold at Giant Eagle and Publix for almost $4 a dozen. Uh, no. I can make 30 for less than $4, thankyouverymuch.

Ingredients:
1 pkg. cake mix
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
a splash of water

Directions:
Blend all ingredients (do not use mixer). (You could also add sprinkles if you want at this point.) Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Frost if desired.

Cookies out of the oven.

Frosted and ready to eat!

Source: cooks.com

4 comments:

Unknown

Uh, can we expect these at work today? Cuz that would be awesome!

Kelly

Do you make your own frosting? Or just use one from the store? Curious for when I attempt these.

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus}

Kelly, I've done both. This frost was a tub of Betty Crocker. But I've used leftover buttercream before and it worked just as well.

Kelly

Oh great! Thanks so much. These look so yummy and I have leftover icing so I think I'm going to try to make them this weekend. Great suggestion.

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008