Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lemon Pie Cake

I know I've mentioned it before, but I am seriously a sucker for cake mix recipes. So when Meg and I decided to embark on Lemon Week, I knew I owed it to myself - and our loyal readers - to at least LOOK in my 101 More Things To Do With A Cake Mix recipe book.

I found a great recipe - the fewer ingredients a recipe has, the better, in my book - and made it for my husband's coworkers. This cake was moist, it was fruity and it was relatively healthy considering I didn't use butter or oil. I also went with the powdered sugar option in lieu of the frosting.

No lemons were harmed (in my kitchen, anyway) in the making of this cake.

Ingredients:
1 white or lemon cake mix
3 eggs
1 can (15 ozs.) lemon pie filling

1 can (16 ozs.) white frosting or powdered sugar, to garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Mix cake mix and eggs together. Stir in pie filling. Pour batter into a greased tube or bundt cake pan.


Bake 45-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Invert hot cake on to a platter. When cool, spread white frosting or sift powdered sugar on top.

Source: 101 More Things To Do With A Cake Mix by Stephanie Ashcraft

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008