Tuesday, July 7, 2009

In search of a beachy dessert


Very soon (yessssss), I'm going to Ocean City, MD with my husband's family. We're going to read books on the beach, drink tropical cocktails, and eat hoards of crab cakes, which I have been craving since our last OCMD trip two years ago. Here I am with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law on that trip:


See how happy and relaxed we look? I. Cannot. Wait.

We only get to see our families a few precious times a year, so when we do see them, I like to bake for everyone. This is easy when our families come to us, but a bit more challenging when I'm the one traveling 2,000 miles.

Not that I'm going to let that stop me.

So I need to make something that can be crammed into my carry-on bag and jostled about in the airport. It cannot need refrigeration; in fact, it needs to battle a bit of dry desert heat and humid beach heat. And it should be a fun thing to snack on after an afternoon of sun, as we get ready to go out and eat this:


Last time, I took along a container of white chocolate-covered mini pretzel sticks. I'm thinking maybe some variation on that, or maybe a lighter cookie. Anyone have any suggestions for beach desserts that travel well?

1 comments:

Caroline

I've been to Ocean City and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Oh, have a beer and crab leg on me (send me the bill!!). Have a great time! I want to go too!!

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008