Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cookie Pizza

My husband's coworkers had a poker party a few weekends ago, and I volunteered to provide some baked goods. I wanted to try something new, and I found something that I will definitely be making again: Cookie Pizza. This was also one of the few baking successes I had that week, so it's especially near and dear to my heart now.


I was unsure of the "sauce" at first, but after trying it, I'm convinced. This stuff is good. And it was easy to make. My only issue was the amount I could make - I wasn't close to two circular pizzas, but the one 13x9 pizza I made went quickly, and the "crust" wasn't too thick. I think I'll make it again with the 13x9 format. I think other toppings could easily be added or substituted, too.

Ingredients:

1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough

2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)

2 cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces (like M&Ms)

2 cups miniature marshmallows

1/2 cup peanuts


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Divide cookie dough in half; press each half onto ungreased 12-inch pizza pans. (I used 16.5 ounces of cookie dough and baked it in a single 13x9 pan.) Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven.

2. In medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk. Spread over crust(s). Sprinkle with chocolate pieces, marshmallows and peanuts.

3. Bake 4 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly toasted. Cool. Cut.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008