Friday, July 31, 2009

Introducing the new co-workers to my baking

Phew! The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind for me. I spent 8 days with my husband's family at the beach, and then started my new job.
Word seems to be spreading quickly at work that I bake. By Tuesday, I'd heard the phrase, "So, I hear you bake..." enough times that I figured it was time to whip something up for my new co-workers.
What better way to introduce them to my baking than with my macaroons? They were snatched up and two people asked me for the recipe. The next day, several people asked why I didn't bring in more cookies. My colleagues are definitely sweets people. Thank god. I might have had to quit if they weren't.
I've been asked to bake for an all-staff function next week. Hmmmm. I'm thinking ricotta cookies? Or maybe some kind of bar? Maybe a blueberry ripple cake?
So many options!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008