Sunday, August 2, 2009

Oatmeal Choconut Cookies

My friend Julia is heading to law school in a few short weeks, and this past weekend we had a going away party for her. I was in charge of desserts. (Woo!) I made several old favorites (cake mix cookies, cookie dough pizza, and lemon chillers), and I also branched out with some new recipes.

One of the new recipes was these Oatmeal Choconut Cookies. I wanted something moist (and Meg and I have found anything with cake mix stays soft and moist longer) and had oatmeal and coconut to use up, so this totally fit the bill.

Ingredients:
1 yellow or white cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup coconut
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees. With a spoon, mix cake mix, eggs and butter together.

Stir in coconut, oats and chocolate chips.

Drop dough balls on to a lightly greased cookie sheet.

Bake 9-12 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove cookies and place on non-stick rack to cool.


Note: Semisweet or peanut butter chips can be used in place of milk chocolate chips.

Source: 101 More Things To Do With A Cake Mix by Stephanie Ashcraft

1 comments:

PhaseThreeOfLife

Oh my gosh! These were the cookies I was going to make for the last round of Baking Gals (until I had the garbage can/cake mix mishap)! They look as yummy as I had hoped they would turn out. :)

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008