Sunday, July 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies


Otherwise known as "Cookies Meg Will Never Make or Post About." :-)

I honestly don't know why it's been so many years since I've made peanut butter cookies. They seem to remind so many people of fond (or at least vivid) memories. My husband looked at these and told me they looked just like ones his mom used to make. (I pointed out to him that most peanut butter cookies look the same, but thanked him for appreciating my latest endeavor.) My personal memory involves a time around third grade, when my best friend at the time, Carri, came over to work on a school project ... she hid her cookies under the poster board we were working on, but our dog, Maggie, aka Intense Lover of Peanut Butter, sniffed it out and gobbled it up before we even realized the poster board had been unsettled.

I made these cookies to send along with the Hawaiian Delights for Operation Baking Gals. I figured, once again, that even if Sarah, like Meg, and unlike Maggie, didn't like peanut butter, hopefully someone in her unit would.

Ingredients:

1 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
Cream shortening, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and peanut butter together.

In separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together. Stir in to creamed mix. Drop by rounded teaspooons on ungreased cookie sheet.

Press with fork dipped in sugar making criss-cross. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degres.

Source: Kountze Memorial Lutheran Church cookbook, 1998

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008