Friday, July 10, 2009

Hawaiian Delights

For this round of Operation Baking Gals, I continued my search of trying to find an easy, yummy cookie that would travel well and stay fresh. I don't know if I've succeeded on the travel well/stay fresh part (if I hear from our soldier, I'll let you know!), but I did use a recipe that was easy and yummy.

I found it while browsing through a Christmas cookie recipe book I got from work ... but it's not Christmas-specific at all.

The only drawback to what I baked for Sarah, our soldier? I know there are a lot of people in the world who don't like nuts and coconuts. But I hoped that even if Sarah was one of those people, the others in her unit might like them and help eat 'em up.

Ingredients:

1 18-ounce package refrigerated sugar cookie dough

1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (salted or unsalted)

1 cup sweetened coconut

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all three ingredients in bowl with a fork. Drop rounded tablespoon mounds of mixture onto ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden. Cool on baking rack.

Source: O Christmas Treats: Favorite Cookies From St. Petersburg Times Readers

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008