Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake

I took one of my favorite cookbooks home with me last month so my little brother, Doug, and I could make one of the recipes from it.

I gave it to Doug on our way home from my grandmother's, and he spent a good 15-20 minutes looking at the recipes. His top choice? Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake. The boy is clearly not his sister's brother when it comes to his love of chocolate - I would pick vanilla any day of the week but most of his interest was in the chocolatey confections.

We made this cake a few nights after Doug's first try at Cakies. This time, I let him do almost all of the legwork, although the cake mix we used called for egg whites, and after I explained to him what that entailed, he quickly decided I should handle the eggs on this one.

Ingredients:
Cake:
1 white cake mix
ingredients called for on back of box
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (we used creamy)
1 cup chocolate chips

Frosting:
1 can (16 oz.) white frosting
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make cake batter as directed on back of box. Mix in peanut butter with electric mixer. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter in to a greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely.


Mix frosting and peanut butter together. Spread over top of cooled cake. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. (Note: We topped the cake with some extra chocolate chips instead of nuts.)

Source: 101 More Things To Do With A Cake Mix by Stephanie Ashcraft

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008