Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie

I was in the mood to bake a few weeks ago and was fresh off a trip with Meg and our husbands to San Francisco, where we visited Ghirardelli Square.

Conveniently, I also had a bag of Ghirardelli baking chips in my pantry. I hopped on to the Ghirardelli Web site and found a recipe that looked yummy - AND I had all of the ingredients for it in house.

My husband said these were the best chocolate chip cookies he's ever had. His coworkers finished a plate of them before he came home for his lunch break. They were quite a hit, and I'll be making them again, I'm sure!

Ingredients:
* 11 1/2 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
* 2 1/4 cup(s) unsifted flour
* 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon(s) teaspoon salt
* 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) butter
* 3/4 cup(s) sugar
* 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
* 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside. In large mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Drop 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Source: ghirardelli.com

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008