Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Watermelon Margaritas

I saw this recipe pop up in my blog reader a few weeks ago and knew I was going to make it - I just didn't know when. When I hosted a jewelry party this past weekend while friends were in town, I broke out the recipe (and modified it a bit) and it was a hit. And since I have leftover tequila ... I will be making it again :)

My modifications were mostly in the presentation - I didn't rim the glasses with salt, and I didn't use a lime wedge on the glass. We poured the mixture in to a pitcher for easier serving. Out-of-town-friend Amy, pictured, helped with most of the prepartion.

Ingredients:
6 c. diced seedless watermelon, chilled
1 1/4 c. granulated sugar, more for glasses
juice of 3 limes
lime wedges
good quality tequila


Directions:

In blender, combine watermelon, sugar and lime juice.

Blend until sugar is completely combined.

Using lime wedges, squeeze lime juice onto rim of glasses.

Dip glass rims into sugar.

Fill glasses with ice, add 2 oz. tequila and fill with watermelon mixture. (For frozen margaritas, same mix, just blend with ice in blender first).

Place lime wedge onto glass for garnish and serve.

Source: Good Things Catered

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008