Friday, October 16, 2009

Help for a fellow baker

I'm a sucker for contests. And a sucker for yummy food. So when my sister asked people to vote for her friend Kate's recipes, I voted. And drooled. Seriously, these recipes look delicious, and they're centered around Super Bowl snacks. As a lifelong Steelers fan, I know a bit about Super Bowls, and I would eat up each and every one of these recipes at a moment's notice Super Bowl party.

Here's what Kate says about the competition on her Web site:

"For those of you who are first time visitors, I'm taking part in a Super Bowl Snack Throw Down Challenge through the HIGHLOWAHA website. Your duty is to vote each week for your favorite recipe between me and my competitor Lauren. The links to both food blogs are on the HIGHLOWAHA website. Click on the red oval and vote away! It's been neck and neck every single week. More visitors mean more votes which leads to an awesome competition!"

She's not kidding about neck and neck. Last week, I voted early but checked back to see how the voting was going. Every day, Lauren and Kate were about 1-4% away from each other. At times, they were tied. It's intense. Kate's Punting Pumpkin Pies had my vote, clearly.

This week Kate is going to battle with an Asparagus Wrap Up.

If you've got a spare minute, please go over to HighLowAha, click on the red "Blog" button on the right side and then vote for Kate in the poll on the right side of the blog. And be sure to check some of her and Lauren's recipes - they're not just good for Super Bowl parties, and they all look amazing.

2 comments:

Kate

Thank you SO much for your support! It means a lot to me. I just stopped by your site to see what you've made lately...only to see this post!!!! Thanks again!

BTW, did you go to the Bakerella site today? If not, you should go!

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus}

No problem, Kate! And yes, I follow Bakerella on Twitter and saw that post - LOVED IT! That's such an adorable idea.

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008