Monday, October 12, 2009

Quick and Easy Coffee Cake

I made this coffee cake for a craft gathering last month. I had glanced at the recipe (mostly the ingredients) and was eager to try out the easy recipe.

But it was a total (although yummy) cop out as far as coffee cakes go. It (as you'll see, because you all are smarter than me) is a regular cake. With butter drizzled on it. And some other crumbly stuff on top. It was really tasty, but I felt cheap trying to pass it off as coffee cake. Next time? I'm going for something more complex. But hopefully equally as good.

Ingredients:

* 1 box white cake mix, 2 layer size
* 6 tablespoons melted butter
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preparation:
Prepare cake mix according to directions on package.

Pour batter into two greased 9-inch square pans (I used a 13x9 pan) and bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.

Drizzle melted butter over warm cake.

Combine sugar, cinnamon, and pecans and sprinkle over cake.

Source: about.com

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008