Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Saving a banana from certain doom

Mike and I love fresh produce and go through our fair share of fruits and veggies each day. We're pretty good about eating everything we buy before it goes bad, but once in a while we buy one too many bananas and before you know it, it's turning brown.

I hate to let food go to waste, so I knew I had a short window of opportunity where I could use it to bake before it turned bad. I remembered these easy banana nut muffins that I made a few months ago. Not only are they fast and easy, but they also only require one banana, which was exactly what I needed to use up.

I read back over my post, as well as the comments, and my friend Kelly commented that she made them and added in some chocolate chips. She said they were a hit in her office, so I decided to take her advice and added in about 2/3 cup of mini-semisweet chocolate chips. I also added in about 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, which is a little more than the recipe calls for. But since my banana was on the smaller side, I figured the extra nuts and chocolate chips could beef it up a little.


0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008