Thursday, June 3, 2010

Peachy Pancakes

A few weeks ago, Mike and I went to the local Peach Festival. It's an annual event waaaaaayyyy out in Queen Creek. That's a pretty big haul for us in Northwest Phoenix, but it's definitely worth the drive.

The weather was beautiful and the homemade peach pie was amazing. I was hoping to bring home a huge box of peaches and make a Peach Cobbler, like I did last year. But the peaches weren't quite as ripe this year, and I could only find a handful to take with me.

So I pondered what I might be able to make with just a few peaches. Inspiration hit me when I saw the big line at the festival for the homemade peach pancakes. I had just bought a pint of buttermilk because I had been craving pancakes! So the next morning, I mixed up some batter and threw in a couple of fresh, cut up peaches.

I used this buttermilk pancake recipe, which is a major winner. I did add a teaspoon of vanilla because I remembered it tasting a tad bland last time. Let me tell you: These were really good.

Yum:

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008