Monday, June 7, 2010

Peanut Butter M&M Bars

I hosted our monthly craft gathering in April, and I felt like trying a new recipe. I found one in my tried-and-true "101 More Things to Do With a Cake Mix" recipe book, and I was excited to try it.

I'd been trying to experiment with non-cake mix recipes for a while, but I am very glad I went back to this one. It was flavorful, moist and super easy.

The bars went over so well that I never managed to get a picture of the finished product. Take my word for it, though - if you aren't Meg like peanut butter, this is a good, easy recipe to try.

Ingredients:
1 white or yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1-1 1/2 cups M&Ms

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a spoon, mix cake mix, eggs, oil and peanut butter together in large bowl.


Mix M&Ms into dough.

Press into a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake 14-18 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Cool 15-20 minutes before cutting in to bars.

Source: 101 More Things To Do With A Cake Mix by Stephanie Ashcraft

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008