Monday, June 21, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Toffee Cookies

When I was looking for recipes to make for Meghan's birthday treat, I came across two with toffee that sounded delicious. While I opted to make the Toffee Almond Sandies to send to her, I decided I needed to try the others at some point in the future, too.

I made them a few weeks later and took them to our May craft gathering and work, where they were devoured. They're very yummy cookies, although mine seemed rather sticky, and many of them didn't come off my cookie sheets in singular cookie form (I had a bowl full of cookies that looked like they had seen better days by the end of my baking).

I definitely don't think these would have traveled well to Arizona, but they certainly do taste good!

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup crushed toffee candy

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Blend in the oatmeal and toffee bits. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.

3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Source: allrecipes.com

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008