Monday, June 28, 2010

A variation on Peanut Butter M&M Bars

A few months ago, I made these Peanut Butter M&M Bars. They were ridiculously good.

A coworker of mine has made them several times, and each time she made them, I thought, "I wonder how they would taste with a chocolate cake mix?"

So one night last week, I decided I wanted to bake ... and I decided I was going to experiment with a variation on the recipe.

I used a devil's food cake mix instead of the white or yellow cake mix, and aside from being a little harder to mix together (I had to add a splash of water to get the cake mix to get all of the cake mix to disappear), it was extremely easy to make the substitution.

The end result? And amazingly easy and rich, stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth treat. My first thought when I had one was "Annnnddddd now I need a big glass of milk."

2 comments:

Shannon

I made the other ones you posted and they were fantastic! I am definitely going to try this one. Maybe I will throw in Reeses Pieces one of these times

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus}

That's a great idea - those sound delicious!

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008