Monday, January 10, 2011

Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

A few months ago, I issued a call for help.

Two blog followers responded, and they responded in a yummy way :)

I made these bars for a coworker's birthday in November. Another coworker made peach cobbler, so it was a battle of the fruits in the office :)


The only problem I had with this easy dessert was that I refused to get my tiny food processor out to make the graham cracker crumbs. Instead, I used the old "pound a plastic bag with a rolling pin" method. When I asked Lisa, who provided the recipe, if she had ever had problems with the dessert being super crumbly (almost to the point that it seemed that this was a cobbler, too), Lisa said the only time she'd had a problem was when she hadn't used a food processor to get the graham cracker crumbs.

Lesson learned, and now shared.

These bars went fast - and I think they'll be a perfect addition to any gathering. I'm picturing a summer picnic ...

Ingredients

6 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups  graham cracker crumbs
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup  sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp.  vanilla
1 jar (10 oz.) blueberry jam or preserves
1 cup  blueberries

Directions

Heat oven to 350ºF.

Mix butter and graham crumbs in 13x9-inch pan; press onto bottom of pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended. Stir jam in jar until softened; spread evenly onto crust. Top with berries, then cream cheese mixture.


Bake 30 min. or until slightly puffed. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Source: Kraft Recipes

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008