Monday, May 23, 2011

Lemonade Party Cake

I have promised myself that I must catch up on all of my blog posts (because I've been cooking and baking stuff that has been sitting at "Draft" status for months now) before I bake anything new - so I'm glad that I snuck in some yummy summer-y desserts before I made that vow :)

The photo I took of this delicious cake doesn't really do much - it looks like any regular cake with frosting. (Actually, the lightning and angle of that particular photo don't even make it look like a cake at all, which is why there is no photo with this post, haha.)

But the way it tastes? Amazing. It's crisp and tart and refreshing and so, so moist. It *is* any regular cake ... until you add the powdered sugar and lemonade concentrate mixture, when it becomes a sweet, moist dessert. It's easy and would be perfect for a summer picnic or party.

Ingredients:
1 package lemon cake mix
1 can (6 oz.) frozen lemonade concentrate - thawed
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tub soft Whipped Fluffy White Or Fluffy Lemon Ready To Spread Frosting
Yellow colored sugar -- if desired

Directions:
Bake cake as directed on package for 13x9 inch pan. Cool 15 minutes.

Mix lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar. Poke long-tined fork into top of warm cake every 1/2 inch, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.

Drizzle lemonade mixture evenly over top of cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover loosely and refrigerate any remaining cake.

Source: CDKitchen

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008