Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

Mommy brain+new job+a huge delay in posting=I don't remember exactly why I made these. I do remember they were well-received, and I remember finding them especially yummy myself. I also recall that they made "plain cupcakes" a little fancier or looked like I went to a lot of trouble.

My family gave me some tidbits to remember about this creation, too. My daughter discovered she loves herself some Oreos in the process of making these beauties. My husband went on and on about how lame I was for not using name-brand Oreos for this dessert. But I'm a girl who is always looking for a deal, so generic it was, and I don't think any ounce of deliciousness was sacrificed :)

Ingredients
1 box of white cake mix, prepared by the directions on the box (original recipe used 1 can of diet Sprite and the packaged cake mix to make it less calories)
1 box of double stuffed Oreos
Frosting (store bought or homemade)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350. Line 2 cupcake pans with liners.


Break 24 Oreo cookies apart, trying to keep all of the filling on one side. Place the cookies filling side up in the center of each liner.

Place the tops of the Oreo cookies in a bag and crush until they form crumbs. Toss about 1/2-1 cup of the crumbs in with the prepared cake mix batter. Stir well to combine.


Fill the liners 3/4 of the way.


Bake according to the package, about 15 minutes.

Allow to cool. Frost the cupcakes and top with remaining crumbs and/or halves of Oreos.

Source: Stephanie Cooks

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008