Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Apple crisp

Covered in apple crisp.
It's fall, even in Florida, and the apples on sale at the grocery store. I had the urge to make something fall-ish this weekend, and I've already made and frozen several pumpkin goodies, so my next thought was an apple dish. I made this one a few weeks ago and we gobbled it up, but I decided Elle needed to experience the joy that is apple crisp ... but little did I know what a hit it would be with my husband, too. He was upset when I gave the last of it to the baby, haha. I've made two batches in four days and I don't see any end to that pattern in sight :)

Delicious, easy and not the most unhealthy thing in the world - this is a keeper.

Ingredients:

Filling
5 medium apples, peeled and diced
1.5 oz raisins (small box)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)

Topping
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup (half stick) butter, melted

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine apples, raisins, cinnamon, agave nectar and lemon juice in large bowl. (After reading the comments on Gina's post, I found out that you can substitute honey for the agave nectar, but it's recommended to add some extra sugar to compensate for the lost sweetness without the nectar. I added about 1/8 cup granulated sugar.)


Sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss until fruit is coated. Place fruit in an ungreased baking dish.


Mix remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over fruit.

Bake about 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.

Serving suggestion: Serve with a scoop of low fat ice cream or fat free frozen yogurt.

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 7/8 cup • Calories: 222 • Points: 4.5 pts

Source: Skinny Taste

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008