Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crock pot Honey Sesame Chicken


My crock pot and I are good friends. I rely on dump meals for dinners several times a month. Tim throws everything in the crock pot, I come home, we eat. It's pretty awesome, really.

I'm always on the lookout for new recipes, so when I saw this one on my Facebook feed, I knew I wanted to try it. It was delicious and super easy to make. The only "trick" of this recipe was I made it on a weekend since it really only needed to cook for a few hours.

I'll definitely be making it again - adding rice and some steamed veggies made a quick, complete meal.

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 onion, minced
2 1/2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp sesame seeds

Directions:
In a small bowl combine the honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir well.

Place chicken in the crockpot. Pour the sauce over top. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.

Remove chicken, but leave the sauce, either shred or cut into pieces.

Stir the cornstarch into the sauce and cook on high for 10 minutes. 

Add the chicken back into the sauce. Toss well. Top with sesame seeds.

1 comments:

Nancy

Looks great!!! :-)

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008