Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blueberry bundt cake

I made this cake for April's craft party.

I had been baking a lot that week and wanted something different, quick and with as few ingredients as possible. The girls at craft party love fruit and love desserts, so I figured this would be a hit. It was! It was moist, flavorful and fairly healthy considering there is no butter or oil in the recipe.

The only issue I have with the recipe? I had a hard time (although I *was* hand mixing) getting all of the little cake mix clumps to smooth out. And when you add the blueberry pie filling, you don't want to over mix and squish all of the individual berries. So my cake had little white spots - the cake mix clumps. But the girls said they were just like little pockets of extra flavor, so I guess I can live with that. I didn't serve the cake with whipped cream, but I considered dusting some powdered sugar on it, which I think would sweeten it up without the need for transporting the whipped cream.

Ingredients:
1 white cake mix
3 eggs
1 can (21 oz.) blueberry pie filling

8 oz. whipped topping

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Mix cake mix and eggs together. Stir in pie filling. Pour batter into a greased tube or bundt cake pan. Bake 40-5o minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Invert hot cake onto a platter. Serve individual pieces with a scoop of whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.

It looks rather gray at this stage, but I swear, it tastes great in the end!


Source: "101 More Things To Do With A Cake Mix" by Stephanie Ashcraft.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008