Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pastry Potluck

Whenever we had something to celebrate in my office of The Arizona Republic, we would throw a potluck. We celebrated people moving onto new jobs, retirements, new babies and holidays all with potlucks. We're sort of potluck pros at this point.

As you can imagine, I always brought dessert. Everyone else brought the main and side dishes. I will miss Diane's taco dip and Carlos's salsa, among many other amazing dishes. And I’ll miss the crazy themes we came up with (of course, I will not miss actually eating the spam dishes, but I will fondly remember how hard we laughed when Venita tried to saw into the extra dense blueberry spam cake.)

When my co-workers learned I was leaving, they planned a potluck. But not just any potluck. A Pastry Potluck, in honor of my hobby.

The conference room table has never looked so good.


Nor has my plate.


Some people even passed along their recipes.



Luckily, we held this potluck on Wednesday, so we could stash the leftovers in the break room and nibble on them for the rest of the week.

It was a great sendoff. Thanks, everyone!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008