Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Butterscotch Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I spent the summer splitting my time between two different departments. Each week, I'd be in the news department for about two days, then move to sports for the next three days. Lately, I've been in sports five days a week, which means news is *not* getting baked good love from me :(

I took advantage of a rare news shift a few weeks ago to fix this problem.

I also took advantage of ingredients I had in my cupboard and my insane desire to recreate fall in every cookie, bar, bread and other creation I can. Florida doesn't have a real fall (we get two days of crisp fall-ish weather in January), and I am IN LOVE with all things autumn, so it kills me to still be running my air conditioner at full blast and sweat on the way from the car to the office. I'm sure you'll hear more about this in future postings :)

One coworker told me these were the best cookies she'd ever had. They went fast, but I have to say that if I make them again, I'll use more butterscotch chips. You can never have too many!

Ingredients:
1 yellow or spice cake mix (I used spice)
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup applesauce
2 cups quick oats
1 cup butterscotch chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a spoon, mix cake mix, eggs, oil and applesauce together.


Stir in quick oats one cup at a time. Add butterscotch chips. Drop doug balls onto a lightly greased cookies sheet.


Bake 9-12 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove cookies and place on nonstick rack to cool.

Source: 101 More Things To Do With A Cake Mix by Stephanie Ashcraft

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008