Thursday, September 24, 2009

On my anniversary... I am craving cake

Sunday marks mine and Mike's one year wedding anniversary. I cannot believe how fast the year has gone by.

Thinking back on the wedding now, a few things really stand out to me.

The feeling of having all so many of our family and friends in one place at one time. How a near-monsoon could have wrecked everything but instead cooled the temperature down to a comfortable level (this was uncharacteristically lucky for me).

And the cake.

Yes, the cake.

First of all, it was pretty. See?


And second of all, it was the best cake I've ever had. (Thank you, Piece of Cake.)

We got a fairly small one, but even so, it was much too big for our tiny guest list. So, instead of traditional favors, I sent everyone home with boxed up cake. I dreamed of going back to our suite at the Arizona Grand that night, cracking open a bottle of champagne and digging into some of that cake.

Imagine my dismay when we finished lugging the gifts and bags up to our room and I realized we had forgotten to grab a piece for ourselves.

Thankfully, my mom stashed away a few extra pieces, and she passed them along to us the next morning.


Ok, it doesn't look as pretty there, but man did it taste good. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Chocolate and bavarian cream. Bananas Foster. Drool, drool, drool.

And, of course, Mike's Penn State football groom's cake, which was a simple vanilla cake with chocolate fondant (Thank you, AZ Cakes).


Mike even managed to snag the piece with the Penn State logo, which of course, he ate:

I seriously considered ordering an anniversary cake from Piece of Cake because one year later, I am having some major cravings. But alas, the pictures and memories will have to suffice this year.

Happy anniversary, hubbers.


0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008