Monday, October 26, 2009

Apple Spice Cookie Bars

I know we've been putting quite a spotlight on pumpkin recipes. I don't apologize for this, because I love me some pumpkin, and I know Meg does, too. And if there was ever a time to make pumpkin stuff, it's fall :)

But as I grocery shopped a few weeks ago, I realized it's also apple time! (In Florida, the seasons aren't very obvious, and I have to closely monitor the shifts in produce. Don't hate!) My husband and I got a few pounds of apples, and I looked for some new apple recipes. I found this one and LOVED it. From the cinnamon to the butter taste, they are very fall-like, soft and delicious. I'm hoping there will be several more apple recipes in my future :)

Ingredients:
2 c. plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
small pinch ground cloves
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 apples, cored and diced (a little less than 2 c.)
cinnamon sugar for sprinkling


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 9x13 pan with foil and baking spray.

In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.

Whisk to combine well and set aside.

In bowl of stand mixer, combine sugars and butter and beat on medium high until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.

Add eggs, one at a time, beating well to combine.

Add vanilla extract and beat to combine.

Turn mixer on slow and fold in flour mixture a little at a time until just combined.

Fold in apples.


Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle top generously with cinnamon sugar.

Place in oven and bake until cooked through, when top slightly bounces back to the touch, about 30 minutes.

Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from pan, cutting and serving. (bars will be very soft)


Source: Good Things Catered

4 comments:

Kate

oh wow! These look delicious! Good thing tomorrow is grocery day...I'm going to pick up some apples and try this one out.

The Little Miss

oh my gosh yum!!!Im making these !!!! :) Love your blog!!! I cant wait to see what else you guys come up with
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Kate

I made these tonight...delicious!

Unknown

Hey, how about cup noodles?
I found many different flavors here
yummiexpress.freetzi.com

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008