Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Heavenly Chocolate Layer Pie

I had a graham cracker pie crust leftover from Thanksgiving that I wanted to use, and when we decided to have a holiday potluck at office, I decided I'd find an easy, light pie to put in it.

I made a few modifications to this recipe, though. I couldn't find chocolate whipped cream (I've seen it before, but I didn't launch an all-out search for this recipe) and I used the graham cracker pie crust instead of the Oreo one. I think all of the extra chocolate would have been delicious, but I don't think it was necessary.

The pie was a hit at the potluck, and even though it's not overly fattening, it's very rich, and a little bit went a long way. And there are no photos, because it was *so* easy to make I didn't really have any time or need to photograph the steps. I wanted to get a photo of the finished product, but it was gone before I could!

Ingredients:
2 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Chocolate Instant Pudding
1 Oreo pie crust (6 oz.)
1 tub (8 oz.) Chocolate Whipped Topping, thawed, divided

Directions:
Pour milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.)

Spread 1-1/2 cups of the pudding onto bottom of crust. Gently stir half of the whipped topping into remaining pudding. Spread over pudding layer in crust; top with the remaining whipped topping.

Refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.

Source: Kraft

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008