Friday, January 1, 2010

Tiger Butter Candy

Tiger Butter Candy is a recipe that has been in my family for quite some time. My grandmother made it, then my mother, now my siblings. It was a hit at our cookie table, and I decided to make it again for Christmas parties and gifts.

The only thing I would do differently next time I make it is to not spread the milk chocolate layer all the way out. I think it lessened the marble effect, and if the white chocolate was able to fill in the areas around the milk chocolate, it would marble even further.

My brother told me that when he's made this family treat, he's added a tiny bit of peanut butter when melting the milk chocolate wafers - he said it's helped him avoid burning the chocolate. And I used light cocoa wafers instead of "milk chocolate," although I'm not sure if there's much difference beyond the name.

Ingredients:
2 cups (or 1 lb. bag) of milk chocolate wafers*
2 cups (or 1 lb. bag) of white chocolate wafers*
1 cup of peanut butter (creamy works best, although chunky is okay, same flavor but different texture)

*The wafers can be found in some craft stores or stores carrying Wilton cake decorating/candy making supplies, like Pat Catans, WalMart, Michaels. etc., but if you don't have access to the wafers, Hershey or Nestle chips will also work.

Directions:

Gently melt milk chocolate wafers (or chips) in microwave following instructions on bag.


Pour melted milk chocolate into a 13 x 9 inch pan, no need to spread it end to end (oops. Like I did.).


Immediately melt the white chocolate wafers in the microwave per instructions on the bag. Once melted, add the peanut butter to the bowl and throughly mix this into the melted white chocolate.


Pour over the milk chocolate puddle in the 13x 9 pan and stir/swirl the two chocolates, making sure that the mix goes from end to end and mixes in a swirling marble fashion. Cool at room temp., cut into pieces (small squares or rectangles) once set... usually takes an hour or two, unless it's warm and/or humid.



Source: Family recipe :)

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008