Friday, February 26, 2010

Out with the old...

Well, we did it. We said goodbye to our trusty old oven and welcomed a new member of the family:


It was just like when you buy a new car and have to leave the old one on the lot, all alone and seemingly sad, as you drive away in your shiny new toy. It was sad to see her go. She was such a hard-working, reliable oven. Until the very end, anyway.

But alas. Change is good! Our new oven is pretty and has officially been broken in. The first day we got her, Mike made a fantastic batch of baked ziti, and I whipped up some Coconut Cloud Macaroons.

I will admit that I was nervous. It's hard to get used to how a new oven bakes. But this one has a light that I can turn on to peek in on the cookies without letting all the heat escape!! I know, this is a basic feature that practically everyone has. But I had never had it, so it's pretty exciting for me.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008