Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baby Gender Cupcakes

A few months ago, I blogged the news that my husband and I are expecting a baby later this summer. I mentioned that I wanted to make some sort of gender cake to announce if it was a boy or girl when the time came for us to be able to find out.

The time to find out came on Tuesday. We had our ultrasound and were told that we have a healthy baby girl on the way. Everything looks great with her development and growth, and despite the fact that she was stubborn when it came time to get measurements and get close looks at her organs, she cooperated beautifully when it came time to find out her gender. We are very excited, despite the fact that my husband claims he has no idea what to do with a baby girl. I maintain that he really has no idea what to do with a baby, but we'll figure it out together :)

Here's a 3D image of our little girl smiling:

We spent the day calling our family and some close friends to tell them the news. But I knew I still wanted to bake something to tell my coworkers the news the next day. Instead of a full-blown cake, I made vanilla cupcakes and tinted them with red food food coloring. Since the pink wasn't completely hidden by the cupcake wrapper or frosting and it wasn't like they had to bit in to the cupcake to know what color it was, I put a little pink chocolate candy on top. And as I was making the cupcakes, I realized that I could daydream - for the first time, with certainty - of baking someday with my little daughter.

My coworkers knew this day was coming, and they kept watching for me to walk in to the office. When I finally did, they rushed the cupcakes to see if they were pink or blue. As one coworker told me, announcing the gender through cupcakes was totally my mark.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008