Thursday, March 11, 2010

An oldie but a goodie

Kristin sent me the recipe for her Grandmother's Chocolate Cherry Chaos Cake a few years ago, and it's been one of my favorites ever since. She blogged about it over the summer, so you can snag the recipe here.

I've made this cake countless times for several reasons:

1. It is really fast and easy.
2. It is super, super moist (in fact, it's so moist that it stays fresh for several days).
3. The frosting is KILLER.
4. It is always a huge hit.

We had some friends over for dinner recently, and I hadn't made this for them in a while, so I knew it was time to revive it. (Ok, full disclosure: I was also really craving cake. I blame the baby.)


I sent our friends home that night with a couple of pieces of leftover cake, and my friend told me later that it was gone by noon the next day. In fact, she said, they didn't even bother to put the cake on plates -- they just stood with the container and two forks and had at it.

Kris' grandma clearly knew what she was doing.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008