Monday, May 10, 2010

Fruit dip ... aka Fluff

My good friend Jen is getting married this summer, and I was lucky enough to be able to fly to Ohio for her bridal shower and bachelorette party a few weeks ago. For both shindigs, the bridesmaids were contributing different things, and since I was flying in the day before and would have access to my mom's kitchen, I volunteered to bring the low-maintenance snack of fruit dip to the bachelorette party. It was being held at a winery, so we were bringing crackers, cheese, veggies, fruit, etc. ... and fruit dip seemed like a natural (and innocent) addition to me.

I had searched for fruit dip recipes on allrecipes.com, and several of them jumped out at me. For the party, though, I went with a simple and sweet recipe - three ingredients=how could you go wrong?


My little brother helped me make the dip, basically doing all the work while I did prep work for our dad's birthday cake (to be discussed in a future post!). Within minutes, he was done mixing together the ingredients, and we threw the dip in the refrigerator, where it stayed until it was time to leave for the bachelorette party.

Little did I know my harmless fruit dip would become the focus of my dear friend Sara's life and the joke of the night.

It might have had something to do with the wine the non-pregnant party goers were enjoying, but the fruit dip was brought out a few hours in to the evening and promptly named "Fluff." This quickly spun off in to a language of it's own, with Sara threatening to kick the fluff out of people, asking them to back the fluff off and then telling everyone they needed to put Fluff on whatever they were eating. My innocent fruit dip suddenly became brownie dip. I think she would have dipped carrots in it if she had thought of it. We played the game Apples to Apples, and Sara managed to find a way to work a "Fluff" card in to the game. The girl - and the dip - could not be stopped.

Fluff has grown in to a hugely popular fruit dip. It even has it's own Facebook page. Sara continues to use it in her every day vocabulary.

Ingredients

* 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
* 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese

Directions

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the frozen whipped topping, marshmallow creme, and cream cheese. Mix until smooth. Serve chilled.

Source: allrecipes.com

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008