Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chicken Taco Rice


I have a go-to Mexican recipe (Crock Pot Mexican Chicken), but I wanted to try something a little bit different, sans slow cooker. My husband and I both thought this dish was really yummy, and I thought it was super easy to make. I loved the colorful vegetables - something the crock pot dish doesn't really offer. The only bad thing? It gave me some heartburn. Other than pregnancy, not much gives me heartburn, but it must have been just the right mix of acid and spice and everything nice.

Ingredients:
1 lb. boned chicken breasts, cut in to strips
2 tbsp. oil
1 can (13 3/4 oz.) chicken broth
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 can (12 oz.) corn, drained
1 medium red or green pepper, cut in to small strips
1 1/2 cups Minute Rice
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla trips
sour cream

Directions:

Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until lightly browned. Add broth, tomato sauce and seasoning mix.

Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer five minutes. Add corn and red or green pepper.

Bring to a full boil. Stir in rice. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.

Serve with cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream, if desired.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008