Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Crock Pot Mexican Chicken

As Meg mentioned in an earlier post, we're going to expand the focus of the blog a bit. I made this super easy dinner last week and wanted to share it because it is a) simple, b) cheap, c) healthy and d) delish.

I'm not a great cook. I don't particularly enjoy cooking - I'm much more of a baker. But I realize that I can't live off frozen meals forever, and there will be times when it will be nice to have some good go-to recipes for dinner.

I was on Weight Watchers in the months before my wedding, and I've adopted many of the principles in to my every day eating. I had searched for Weight Watcher friendly recipes that were easy and didn't SOUND like Weight Watcher recipes, and this was one of them. Conveniently, it also sounded like something that Tim would like.

And even though he asked that I buy Chipotle for him to eat in the event that he didn't like MY cooking, he finally admitted that it was good and he would enjoy having it again. And since it was so easy, I have enjoyed making it again and again and again.


Ingredients:

1 package frozen skinless chicken breasts (about four breasts)

1 jar corn & black bean salsa

Directions:

Dump into crock pot (chicken must be frozen). Cook all day on low.

Before you're ready to serve your meal (it was about 7 hours later for us), shred chicken and let cook another 10 minutes or so.

Serve in corn tortillas for tacos or in an egg roll wrap or over rice.

Optional: Top with shredded cheese

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008