Monday, February 21, 2011

Brownie Crackles

I wanted a new addition to my Christmas cookie lineup, but with all of the other baking I had to do (for my husband's surprise birthday party, for a coworker's birthday, for work potlucks, etc.), I didn't have time for anything fancy. I just wanted something different and something tasty.


These cookies were a winner, and I have already made them again. They are simple, and they don't taste like your normal cookie - they are kind of like a brownie bite with chocolate chips. In a word: Amazing. I highly, highly recommend these, and I don't even like chocolate that much (I will choose vanilla over chocolate any day).

Ingredients

1 package fudge brownie mix (13-in. x 9-inch pan size)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup (6 ounces) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Confectioners' sugar

Directions

In a large bowl, beat the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar; roll to coat. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.


Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.

Nutrition Facts: 2 cookies equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.

Source: Taste of Home

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008