Thursday, July 2, 2009

Independence and cupcakes

For the past week, a serious question has been looming over my head.


What should I make for dessert for our July 4th BBQ?

Mike thinks everything I suggest sounds good. He's no help. Kristin agrees with my ideas and offers up even more suggestions. She's really no help.

She knows I've been considering both cupcakes and flag cakes, so she sent me this really cool cupcake idea, which I would never be able to pull off. And then this impressive cupcake flag, which I would SO try if I had even the slightest amount of patience for it, which I don't.

Finally, I made a decision. I'm going to try Kristin's Cheesecake Cookie Bars and some red velvet cupcakes (with cream cheese frosting and blue sprinkles, of course).

I've been wanting to try those cookie bars since Kristin first posted about them in April. They'll be perfect because I can make Friday night and stick them in the fridge. One thing will already done when I wake up Saturday morning! And then on Saturday, I'll whip up the cupcakes, which will be my tip of the hat to independence.

Now I just need a good red velvet cupcake recipe. Anyone want to help me out?

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008