Monday, July 26, 2010

Rice Krispies Raisin Cookies

I had some leftover raisins from these cookies and had no idea what to make with them. After thinking about it for a bit, I remembered a cookie that I used to make while in middle and high school, in my earlier baking days. I knew I had the recipe in a notebook that I started after taking home economics in eighth grade (and because I find it impossible to throw anything away I still have that notebook).

I found it quickly and thought my writing and the spots of butter/oil/who knows what was rather telling of this recipe's age and how much use it got.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I made these cookies, and I don't know why they fell out of my go-to rotation. For folks who don't have or like raisins, chocolate chips can be substituted for the raisins. I used both for this batch, and I doubled it, although in hindsight, a single batch would have been plenty.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup margarine or butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups crisp rice cereal
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Stir together flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Set aside.

2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together sugars and margarine until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Stir in crisp rice cereal and raisins.


3. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.

4. Bake at 350° F about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.


Source: Kellogg's Kitchens

1 comments:

Shannon

oh my goodness! yet another delicious looking recipe. I GUESS I will have to try this one too ;)

Blogger template 'PlainFish' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008